Thursday, April 16, 2015


If you get some molds and spray them with cooking spray then it will prevent the gems from sticking when you try to get them out. You don't have to do this if you're using silicone molds. Melt the sugar at 260-275 degrees F and then pour the mixture into the molds and wipe away any access. When they've cooled and set you can take them out and they should be hard, shiny and clear and you can dust them with edible dust to add an extra shine. A problem with this is that if you don't control the temperature right then you're sugar may turn yellow. Another ingredient you could use instead from sugar and probably a better option is to use isomalt as it will always stay clear. A disadvantage of the isomalt is that consuming too much of it can give you a bad stomach, although small amounts are perfectly fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment